Encounter for fitting and adjustment of partial artificial leg
Z44.12 is from the 2021 edition of ICD-10-CM, which is effective on October 1, 2020. Z44.12 is the American ICD-10-CM version. Other international versions of the ICD-10 code of Z44.12 may vary.
Chapter 21 contains the following blocks:
- Z00-Z13 Persons encountering health services for examinations
- Z14-Z15 Genetic carrier and genetic susceptibility to disease
- Z16 Resistance to antimicrobial drugs
- Z17 Estrogen receptor status
- Z18 Retained foreign body fragments
- Z19 Hormone sensitivity malignancy status
- Z20-Z29 Persons with potential health hazards related to communicable diseases
- Z30-Z39 Persons encountering health services in circumstances related to reproduction
- Z40-Z53 Encounters for other specific health care
- Z66 Do not resuscitate status
- Z67 Blood type
- Z68 Body mass index (BMI)
- Z69-Z76 Persons encountering health services in other circumstances
Below is some additional information from Chapter 21
Note: Z codes represent reasons for encounters. A corresponding procedure code must accompany a Z code if a procedure is performed. Categories Z00-Z99 are provided for occasions when circumstances other than a disease, injury or external cause classifiable to categories A00-Y89 are recorded as ‘diagnoses’ or ‘problems’.
This can arise in two main ways:
(a) When a person who may or may not be sick encounters the health services for some specific purpose, such as to receive limited care or service for a current condition, to donate an organ or tissue, to receive prophylactic vaccination (immunization), or to discuss a problem which is in itself not a disease or injury.
(b) When some circumstance or problem is present which influences the person’s health status but is not in itself a current illness or injury.