Less than 8 weeks gestation of pregnancy
Z3A.01 is from the 2021 edition of ICD-10-CM, which is effective on October 1, 2020. Z3A.01 is the American ICD-10-CM version. Other international versions of the ICD-10 code of Z3A.01 may vary.
Chapter 21 contains the following blocks:
- Z00-Z13 Persons encountering health services for examinations
- Z14-Z15 Genetic carrier and genetic susceptibility to disease
- Z16 Resistance to antimicrobial drugs
- Z17 Estrogen receptor status
- Z18 Retained foreign body fragments
- Z19 Hormone sensitivity malignancy status
- Z20-Z29 Persons with potential health hazards related to communicable diseases
- Z30-Z39 Persons encountering health services in circumstances related to reproduction
- Z40-Z53 Encounters for other specific health care
- Z55-Z65 Persons with potential health hazards related to socioeconomic and psychosocial circumstances
- Z66 Do not resuscitate status
- Z67 Blood type
- Z68 Body mass index (BMI)
- Z69-Z76 Persons encountering health services in other circumstances
- Z77-Z99 Persons with potential health hazards related to family and personal history and certain conditions influencing health status
Below is some additional information from Chapter 21
Factors influencing health status and contact with health services (Z00-Z99)
Note: Z codes represent reasons for encounters. A corresponding procedure code must accompany a Z code if a procedure is performed. Categories Z00-Z99 are provided for occasions when circumstances other than a disease, injury or external cause classifiable to categories A00-Y89 are recorded as ‘diagnoses’ or ‘problems’.
This can arise in two main ways:
(a) When a person who may or may not be sick encounters the health services for some specific purpose, such as to receive limited care or service for a current condition, to donate an organ or tissue, to receive prophylactic vaccination (immunization), or to discuss a problem which is in itself not a disease or injury.
(b) When some circumstance or problem is present which influences the person’s health status but is not in itself a current illness or injury.