Other abnormalities of gait and mobility
R26.8 is from the 2021 edition of ICD-10-CM, which is effective on October 1, 2020. R26.8 is the American ICD-10-CM version. Other international versions of the ICD-10 code of R26.8 may vary.
Chapter 18 contains the following blocks:
- R00-R09 Symptoms and signs involving the circulatory and respiratory systems
- R10-R19 Symptoms and signs involving the digestive system and abdomen
- R20-R23 Symptoms and signs involving the skin and subcutaneous tissue
- R25-R29 Symptoms and signs involving the nervous and musculoskeletal systems
- R30-R39 Symptoms and signs involving the genitourinary system
- R40-R46 Symptoms and signs involving cognition, perception, emotional state and behavior
- R47-R49 Symptoms and signs involving speech and voice
- R50-R69 General symptoms and signs
- R70-R79 Abnormal findings on examination of blood, without diagnosis
- R80-R82 Abnormal findings on examination of urine, without diagnosis
- R83-R89 Abnormal findings on examination of other body fluids, substances and tissues, without diagnosis
- R90-R94 Abnormal findings on diagnostic imaging and in function studies, without diagnosis
- R97 Abnormal tumor markers
- R99 Ill-defined and unknown cause of mortality
Below is some additional information from Chapter 18
Symptoms, signs and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00-R99)
Note: This chapter includes symptoms, signs, abnormal results of clinical or other investigative procedures, and ill-defined conditions regarding which no diagnosis classifiable elsewhere is recorded.
Signs and symptoms that point rather definitely to a given diagnosis have been assigned to a category in other chapters of the classification.
In general, categories in this chapter include the less well-defined conditions and symptoms that, without the necessary study of the case to establish a final diagnosis, point perhaps equally to two or more diseases or to two or more systems of the body.
Practically all categories in the chapter could be designated ‘not otherwise specified’, ‘unknown etiology’ or ‘transient’.
The Alphabetical Index should be consulted to determine which symptoms and signs are to be allocated here and which to other chapters.
The residual subcategories, numbered .8, are generally provided for other relevant symptoms that cannot be allocated elsewhere in the classification.
The conditions and signs or symptoms included in categories R00-R94 consist of:
(a) cases for which no more specific diagnosis can be made even after all the facts bearing on the case have been investigated;
(b) signs or symptoms existing at the time of initial encounter that proved to be transient and whose causes could not be determined;
(c) provisional diagnosis in a patient who failed to return for further investigation or care;
(d) cases referred elsewhere for investigation or treatment before the diagnosis was made;
(e) cases in which a more precise diagnosis was not available for any other reason;
(f) certain symptoms, for which supplementary information is provided, that represent important problems in medical care in their own right.
Excludes2: abnormal findings on antenatal screening of mother (O28.-)
certain conditions originating in the perinatal period (P04-P96)
signs and symptoms classified in the body system chapters signs and symptoms of breast (N63, N64.5).