Psychological abuse complicating pregnancy
O9A.51 is from the 2021 edition of ICD-10-CM, which is effective on October 1, 2020. O9A.51 is the American ICD-10-CM version. Other international versions of the ICD-10 code of O9A.51 may vary.
Chapter 15 contains the following blocks:
- O00-O08 Pregnancy with abortive outcome
- O09 Supervision of high risk pregnancy
- O10-O16 Edema, proteinuria and hypertensive disorders in pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium
- O20-O29 Other maternal disorders predominantly related to pregnancy
- O30-O48 Maternal care related to the fetus and amniotic cavity and possible delivery problems
- O60-O77 Complications of labor and delivery
- O80-O82 Encounter for delivery
- O85-O92 Complications predominantly related to the puerperium
- O94-O9A Other obstetric conditions, not elsewhere classified
Below is some additional information from Chapter 15
Pregnancy, childbirth and the puerperium (O00-O9A)
Note: CODES FROM THIS CHAPTER ARE FOR USE ONLY ON MATERNAL RECORDS, NEVER ON NEWBORN RECORDS
Codes from this chapter are for use for conditions related to or aggravated by the pregnancy, childbirth, or by the puerperium (maternal causes or obstetric causes)
Trimesters are counted from the first day of the last menstrual period.
They are defined as follows:
1st trimester- less than 14 weeks 0 days
2nd trimester- 14 weeks 0 days to less than 28 weeks 0 days
3rd trimester- 28 weeks 0 days until delivery
Use additional code from category Z3A, Weeks of gestation, to identify the specific week of the pregnancy, if known.
Excludes1: supervision of normal pregnancy (Z34.-)
Excludes2: mental and behavioral disorders associated with the puerperium (F53.-)
obstetrical tetanus (A34)
postpartum necrosis of pituitary gland (E23.0)
puerperal osteomalacia (M83.0).