E72.11 is from the 2021 edition of ICD-10-CM, which is effective on October 1, 2020. E72.11 is the American ICD-10-CM version. Other international versions of the ICD-10 code of E72.11 may vary.
Chapter 4 contains the following blocks:
- E00-E07 Disorders of thyroid gland
- E08-E13 Diabetes mellitus
- E15-E16 Other disorders of glucose regulation and pancreatic internal secretion
- E20-E35 Disorders of other endocrine glands
- E36 Intraoperative complications of endocrine system
- E40-E46 Malnutrition
- E50-E64 Other nutritional deficiencies
- E65-E68 Overweight, obesity and other hyperalimentation
- E70-E88 Metabolic disorders
- E89 Postprocedural endocrine and metabolic complications and disorders, not elsewhere classified
Below is some additional information from Chapter 4
Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases (E00-E89)
Note: All neoplasms, whether functionally active or not, are classified in Chapter 2.
Appropriate codes in this chapter (i.e. E05.8, E07.0, E16-E31, E34.-) may be used as additional codes to indicate either functional activity by neoplasms and ectopic endocrine tissue or hyperfunction and hypofunction of endocrine glands associated with neoplasms and other conditions classified elsewhere.
Excludes1: transitory endocrine and metabolic disorders specific to newborn (P70-P74).